Why choose an Independent Financial Adviser?
Finding and choosing the right person to help you organise your financial affairs can be one of the most important and most daunting things you do when it comes to financial planning. However, ensuring that you choose a financial adviser who suits your particular needs and aims can be difficult.
There are three different types of financial adviser to choose from. Firstly, there are financial advisers who operate on behalf of one company, such as the representative you will see if you visit your local bank. Secondly are the multi-tied advisers who sell products on behalf of a limited range of companies. Then there are Independent Financial Advisers (IFA) who choose products for their clients from the whole of the market.
If you're using an adviser, always always make sure it's an independent financial adviser
There are two main benefits to consulting Independent Financial Advisers or IFAs, rather than a tied or multi-tied adviser. Most importantly, a truly independent financial adviser will be acting in your best interests, seeking to act on behalf of the client rather than any organisation they may be selling products for. By using an IFA you'll be receiving tailored solutions to your particular circumstances using the whole of the market.
We at Moor Investment Services are truly Independent Financial Advisers and will choose the right product for your needs from the whole of the market to choose products from without bias or prejudice. Not only that, Richard Moor is also a Chartered Financial Planner with over 30 years of experience in the financial services industry. He is a Fellow of the Personal Finance Society (FPFS) which is the very highest designation awarded by the PFS and represents the highest professional standards of any of the financial planning credentials available today setting Moor Investment Services apart from most other financial planners.
Your Questions Answered
- Is Moor Investment Services independent, tied or multi-tied?
- Moor Investment Services is a truly independent financial adviser offering unbiased advice from the whole of the market.
- What qualifications do you have?
- Richard Moor is a Chartered Financial Planner and also a Fellow of the Personal Finance Society (FPFS), the very highest designation awarded by the PFS. In addition, Richard is also an authorised Pension Specialist.
- Can you provide testimonials from existing clients?
- To see what just some of our very many satisfied clients have to say about us, visit our Testimonials page.
- What are your fees?
- The initial consultation is at our expense and we will talk with you about your goals and objectives and confirming how we are able to help you achieve these. Moving forward, we will always agree with you in advance how we will get paid and before undertaking any financial planning on your behalf, we will agree on the fee structure with you and confirm this in writing. For more information, please visit Our Fees page or arrange a Free Consultation without obligation.
- Do you offer ongoing advice after the initial consultation?
- Following on from our initial meeting, we undertake extensive in depth research and analysis on your existing plans. We then formulate what financial resources you will need to meet your aims and when you will need them. We will then specify the action that we feel you should take, outlining a strategy and course of action to help you achieve your aims, whilst ensuring that you fully understand everything including the benefits and any element of risk. Most importantly, in order to keep things on track, we keep things under regular review, updating your plans to keep your investments under control. For more information about the process we use in order to help you achieve your financial goals and objectives, please visit Our Process page.
Looking for some friendly financial advice?
If you're looking for independent financial advice to help meet your current needs and future aspirations then we're always happy to discuss how we could help you.
Independent financial advice from a friendly, local IFA you can trust
Call us on:
What Our Clients Say
Richard has always taken the time and trouble to listen to my specific investment needs and I have been extremely grateful that he is, unlike most IFA's, not sales motivated.
Cooden, East Sussex
I have known Richard and Jane Moor for over 20years and would highly recommend them for all your financial needs. Two very discreet and trustworthy people. You will never be disappointed.
Richard and Jane were introduced to ourselves by our accountant to assist with pension planning. Their approach from the onset has been personal, yet totally professional throughout and we are delighted with the ongoing financial service they provide, leaving us confident to enjoy our retirement.
D.P. & M.S.
Richard at Moor Investment Services has been our financial adviser for a number of years. He has provided input on pension planning and given us investment advice. He has recommended thoroughly researched solutions which have proved invaluable.
D.G. & H.A.
Although our investment with Moor Investment Services Ltd is a small one, for us it has been a comfort to have a personal review each year with Richard. As we have no knowledge of the financial world, investing in this way means we do not have to worry about it.
Mr & Mrs. G.
Whatever your financial circumstances you can be assured of excellent, well researched advice from Richard and Jane. They are both highly experienced and knowledgeable but can explain things in 'layman's terms' if necessary and they are always friendly and personable.
Now that my husband is in a nursing home, your help with the financial side has been extremely welcome. I might add that the money that has funded his care is as a direct result of how our money was invested in the past from your excellent advice and skill.
Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Over a number of years Richard Moor has been my pension advisor. During this period he has provided me with accurate and independent advice, which has been very beneficial to my pension fund.
Mr. S.P. Cronan
Abaco Creative Consultancy
Moor Investment Services Ltd provided me with an extremely professional service, making the necessary effort to understand my personal and financial circumstances and combine this approach with a respect of privacy and lack of intrusiveness.
Hastings, East Sussex
Richard has taken all my financial worries away. No hours pouring over that tax return. I look forward to his visits, a cup of coffee, good advice - all sorted!
Tunbridge Wells, Kent